Camping is a major part of the Moondance experience. All campgrounds are clean and well lit with twenty-four hour security provided by the Cass County Sheriff and Moondance security staff. Moondance also provides twenty-four hour medical service, daily trash and recycling collection are supplied by City Sanitary, portable restroom facilities are cleaned daily by Port-able John Rental & Service, Inc., firewood and Northwoods Ice vendors are in the campgrounds, freshwater service, RV water filling and pumping services and shower services for all campers.
- Showers are and located in North
& South Reserved and General campgrounds.
- Ice is available at the southeast corner of the concert area outside of the backstage fence. Ice vendors also travel around the campgrounds.
- Firewood is available inside of Gate #1. Firewood vendors also travel around the campgrounds.
- Freshwater is available at locations around the grounds (see map) and freshwater service, RV water filling and pumping services from Port-able John Rental & Service, Inc. travel around the campgrounds.
- Port-able John Rental: Rent your own personal Port-able John for your campsite! Go to the Port-able John Rental & Service, Inc. website for contact information and pricing.
(18+ Unless with parent/Guardian)
Reserved camping allows people to choose their individually numbered campsite in the North Reserved, South Reserved, South Wooded Reserved or South Reserved Electrical or
General Wooded Reserved campgrounds. Reserved camping allows for groups that camp together to arrive at different times. Many people also take advantage of our "Reclaim Your Campsite" offer to keep their same reserved campsite each year. If you plan on camping, especially with a group, please reserve
your campsites early by calling 1-218-836-1055! [Campground Maps].
*To camp in
Reserved Camping (except for General Wooded Reserved), you must be at least 18 years old or you must be accompanied
by a parent/guardian and have a photo ID on you at all times - NO EXCEPTIONS. WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON UNDERAGE DRINKING.
planning to use the General Campgrounds, traveling in separate
vehicles should plan to arrive together. As vehicles enter
the General Campgrounds, they are guided to the next available
campsite and there is no way to "save" a
General campsite. General camping can be purchased online, by phone or at the gate. [Campground Maps]
camp in General Camping and General Wooded Reserved you must be at least 18 years old and
have a photo ID on you at all times - NO EXCEPTIONS. WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON UNDERAGE DRINKING.
- Wednesday: Noon - 9:00 PM
- Thursday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Camping gates close at 9:00 PM each night (Gate #1, #5 & #6). Camping vehicles need to be off of the highway and heading towards the gates by 9:00 PM to assure check-in.
- If you are coming in on Wednesday, you must have four day camping passes. Upgrades are available at the gate.
Please bear in mind that it is
both illegal and unsafe to wait on the highway for the campgrounds
to open. PLEASE - DO NOT COME EARLY, cars will not be allowed
to wait on the highway for the gates to open.
Campers must check in before 9:00 PM the day they arrive.
Anyone entering the campgrounds after 9:00 PM must have camping wrist band and if they are driving they will need vehicle permit
Only One Motorized Vehicle Per Campsite: If you wish to have an additional motorized vehicle (car, truck, R.V. or motorcycle), you will need to purchase an additional campsite or park it in one of the pay parking lots. GOLF CARTS, POWERED SCOOTERS OR ATVS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUNDS.
2018 Moondance Jam "Nothin' but a Good Time" Camping Contest
We know that all of you campers love Moondance, so we want you to show us why Moondance is "Nothin' but a Good Time" this year! You and your camping crew decide what your "good time" campsite looks like and we'll come and find you in the campgrounds to decide the best of the "good time" campsites! The top three win tickets to Moondance Jam 28. And if your campsite is the "greatest time" in the grounds, you and your crew will also be jammin from the StageBox above the Backstage Bar on Saturday!
- You must be 18 years old or older to camp in General and General Wooded Reserved. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed through Gate #6. To camp in the other 4 Reserved Campgrounds, you must be at least 18 years old, or accompanied
by a parent/guardian and have a photo ID on you at all times. Moondance
Jam is not designed for young children to attend. Parents are
discouraged from bringing young children to this event.
- Upon arrival camping passes will be exchanged for camping wristbands, which
allows you to enter the campgrounds throughout the weekend.
in a vehicle to camp must have a camping pass
or they will need to purchase one at the gate when they arrive. ONLY PEOPLE WITH CAMPING WRISTBANDS ARE ALLOWED IN CAMPGROUNDS.
- BRING YOUR I.D.
- Wristbands are used to identify adult and minor patrons.
YOU WILL NEED YOUR I.D. AND MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD TO PURCHASE ALCOHOL HAVE IT ON YOU
AT ALL TIMES. ZERO TOLERANCE ON UNDERAGE DRINKING.
curfew in Reserved campgrounds is 2:00 AM. Noise
curfew in General campgrounds is 4:00 AM. Excessive noise
is never allowed in any campground. ALL
GENERATORS MUST BE SHUT OFF BY 2:00 AM - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- People who want to camp together in one of our General Campgrounds should arrive together. Camping units are parked in the next available space, and campsites cannot be "saved" for late arrivals.
- Minimum of 2 people with tickets per campsite. MAXIMUM OF 1 MOTORIZED VEHICLE PER CAMPSITE. You must arrive
with your camping vehicle; you cannot have it dropped off. Camping vehicles must remain at their campsite unless coming into or leaving the campground. Camping vehicles are designated for the campground where their campsite is located and may not enter any other campgrounds for any reason. People who are camping may walk through any of the campgrounds.
- No open fires
in the campgrounds are allowed with the exception of those
in a self-contained ring.
- No golf carts, boats, powered scooters
or all terrain vehicles (ATV's) are allowed on the site. No cruising on motorcycles or in vehicles in the campgrounds.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED anywhere at Moondance in the concert area or in the
- No kegs, beer
bongs, drugs, weapons, fireworks or Ryder type vans allowed in campgrounds.
- All campers
must check in by 9:00 pm each day. Anyone entering the campgrounds after
9:00 pm must have camping wrist band and if driving, must have a vehicle permit to
NO GUNS allowed on the property with or without a permit.
- No drones or any other aerial vehicles are allowed in the camping or concert area.
- Minnesota law requires a 10 foot clearance of vehicles/structures between adjacent campsites. Any vehicles, campers, tents or structures must have a 10 foot clearance from any vehicles, campers, tents or structures in the campsite next to you. There is a also specific policy for Special Event Camping Areas that reads: "In Special Event Camping Areas recreational camping vehicles and tents including their attachments must be separated from each other and other structures by at least ten feet."
- Moondance is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced tickets. Moondance is not responsible for personal injury, theft, loss or damage to personal injury.
- Persons engaging in illegal, violent or unruly behavior will be immediately ejected from the concert site, campgrounds and/or parking lots and may be subject to arrest.
Generator Safety & Courtesy
Safety should not be seen as a set of rules or conditions imposed by others, but as standards set from within which reflect a safety culture at the Jam.
ALL GENERATORS MUST BE
SHUT OFF BY 2:00 AM - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Be nice to your neighbors!
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Generators pose a risk of shock and electrocution.
Keep the generator dry.
- Connect appliances to the generator using heavy-duty extension cords that are specifically designed for outdoor use.
- Make sure the wattage rating for each cord exceeds the total wattage of all appliances connected to it.
- Use extension cords that are long enough to allow the generator to be placed outdoors and far away from windows, doors and vents to the camper, tent, or to other structures that could be occupied.
- Check that the cord is free of cuts or tears and that the plug has all three prongs.
- Protect the cord from getting pinched or crushed if it passes through a window or doorway. Never drive over a cord.
- Before refueling the generator, turn it off and let it cool down. Gasoline spilled on hot engine parts could ignite.
- Generators pose a risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Locate the unit outdoors and far from doors, windows, and vents that could allow CO to come indoors. Conceder the wind direction.
- Never run a generator while anyone is sleeping.