Concert Area Gate Hours
- Wednesday: Noon - 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Camping gates close at 9:00 PM each night (Gate #1). Camping vehicles need to be off of the highway and heading towards the gates by 9:00 PM to assure check-in.
No Name Bar Check-In & Registration
- Check-in and get your laminate and wristband in No Name Bar entrance.
- Wednesday open at 5:00
- Saturday open at 2:00
- Hours: Check-in until 10:00 PM
- Location: At Gate 1
Camping is a major part of the Moondance experience. All campgrounds are clean and well lit with twenty-four hour security provided by the Cass County Sheriff and Moondance security staff. Moondance also provides twenty-four hour medical service, daily trash and recycling collection are supplied by City Sanitary, portable restroom facilities are cleaned daily by Port-able John Rental & Service, Inc. and Northwoods Ice vendors are in the campgrounds, freshwater service, RV water filling and pumping services and shower services for all campers.
- Showers are and located in North
& South Reserved and General campgrounds.
- Ice is available at the southeast corner of the concert area outside of the backstage fence. Ice vendors also travel around the campgrounds.
- Freshwater is available at locations around the grounds (see map) and freshwater service, RV water filling and pumping services from Port-able John Rental & Service, Inc. travel around the campgrounds.
- Port-able John Rental: Rent your own personal Port-able John for your campsite! Go to the Port-able John Rental & Service, Inc. website for contact information and pricing.
Concert Area, Gates & Lawn Chair Seating
Your ticket is exchanged
for a wristband when you arrive, which allows
you in and out of the concert grounds whenever
you like. Have an I. D. ready. No
bottles, cans, coolers, video cameras, beverages
of any kind, blankets or umbrellas may be brought into
the concert area. You will be asked to open bags
Moondance has open festival seating, so general admission ticket holders can roam the entire concert area up to the front of the stage. The Lazy Moon Bar & Grill is also open to everyone and quickest way to the front of the stage is through the Lazy Moon Bar & Grill boardwalk to the left of the main stage. General Admission ticket holders may not enter the VIP area or the Backstage Bar. [See Maps]
Lawn Chair Seating
You may bring lawn chairs. Seating is on a daily first-come-first-served basis (so get into the concert area early to pick your favorite spot). Chairs must be taken with you nightly after the show. The lawn chair seating area is cleared nightly. All general admission fans can stroll through the lawn chair seating area even if they do not have a chair and are able to sit on the hillside where there are no chairs. Umbrellas and view obstructing seat markers are not allowed in the lawn chair seating area. [See Maps]
Moondance has a
pay parking lot on site through Gate #5, a VIP parking lot and a special needs accessible parking lot through Gate #1.
Motorcycle Parking is located at the East Gate. Only one motorized vehicle is allowed per campsite.
Tailgating is NOT allowed in any Moondance parking lots.
Private party buses, limos and private shuttles
Private party buses, limos and private shuttles need to call us in advance at 218-836-1055 for special loading and unloading instructions and times to avoid delays at the gate.
SPECIAL NEEDS ACCESSIBILITY
Day parking is available on the
South Side of the concert area in the VIP Parking area. You must have a state-issued ACCESSIBLE
permit to park. From the parking lot, use the
South Gate entrance to
access the concert area. There is no charge for
GOING THROUGH THE GATES
If you or an escort need assistance,
security persons and gate personnel are on-hand
to help you.
A blacktopped accessible seating area is available in front of the sound stage. Security persons and gate personnel are on-hand
for assistance if needed.
Accessible camping is available.
You must have a state-issued ACCESSIBLE permit
to camp. Every effort will be made to provide
specific camping for people with special needs
on a case-by-case basis. Please purchase your
camping in advance and let us know in advance
of any special requirements that you may need.
Accessible restrooms are available in the concert area near the vendor pad, inside and outside the MDJ Saloon, inside the Lazy Moon Bar & Grill and near the accessible camping area.
Tickets that offer More Moondance
Camping rules are on the camping page.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED anywhere at Moondance in the concert area or in the
- Food, beverages, coolers, glass, blankets and/or umbrellas
are NOT allowed in the concert area.
- Professional photography, video and/or audio equipment is NOT allowed in the concert area without written approval and the appropriate credentials. This includes any video cameras, DSLR cameras and/or cameras with a large lens.
- No drones or any other aerial vehicles are allowed in the camping or concert area.
- Tailgating is NOT allowed in ANY parking lots.
ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21 CAN CONSUME ALCOHOL
ANYWHERE ON THE MOONDANCE SITE, INCLUDING
THE CAMPGROUNDS. ZERO TOLERANCE ON UNDERAGE
DRINKING. In order to purchase alcohol at Moondance
you must show a photo identification to get
an "over 21" wristband, which
must be worn at all times. You must produce
identification if anyone on the Moondance
staff requests to see it during the weekend,
and will forfeit your "over 21" wristband
and be removed from the premises if you cannot
- Anyone who enters the concert area must have a wristband.
- To enter the campgrounds, you must have a camping wristband. There are no exceptions. To camp, you must be at least 18 years old, or accompanied by a parent/guardian. Have a photo ID on you at all times.
- No kegs, beer
bongs, drugs, weapons or fireworks allowed in campgrounds or concert area.
- No golf carts, boats, powered scooters
or all terrain vehicles (ATV's) are allowed on the site. No cruising on motorcycles or in vehicles in the campgrounds. Pedal bicycles are allowed.
Events is not responsible for lost or stolen
tickets, personal injury, theft, loss, or damage
to personal property.
engaging in violent, obscene or unruly behavior
will be immediately ejected from the concert site,
campgrounds, or parking lots, and may be subject
- No refunds will be given for tickets
or camping permits.
provided by Moondance and Cass County Law Enforcement Officers.
Please treat them with respect.
- No seat markers
like flags, balloons or similar that may obstruct
the view of the crowd sitting behind you.
NO GUNS allowed on the property with or without
- Moondance is not designed for young children to attend. Parents are discouraged from bringing young children to this event.
- Moondance requires that you have a lot of fun and good times with your Moondance family and friends.
We do not issue refunds for lost or stolen tickets and camping. Tickets and camping are sold on a "rain
or shine" basis, and no refunds will be
given for delays or cancellations due to bad
the event of inclement weather the show will
be interrupted, and resume again as soon as
The Minnesota smoking ban applies to all enclosed buildings and tents, including buildings like the Moondance Saloon (with or without the garage doors open) and in the VIP tent. The "theater" loophole does not apply - even if you are already in costume.
The Lazy Moon screened in deck will be the only place connected to a building where it will be allowed. Even in those areas where smoking is allowed, please be respectful to the people around you and discard your cigarette butts in the appropriate places, not on the ground.
Can I Have a Private Party or Event at Moondance?
Yes. The Moondance Events grounds and facilities are available to rent for small and large private parties and events. Go to moondanceevents.net for more information.